Monday, September 15, 2008

Status Report

I haven’t blogged here for a while because I’ve had very little good to say as we have slogged through a very frustrating permitting process at the City. We still don’t have permits and have filed an appeal with the City Council (after hiring an attorney). We go to City Council on October 2nd. Hopefully, I will have a positive and celebratory entry on the 3rd.

However frustrating we have continued to make plans for the house. Last week, we had a wonderful afternoon with Geri Willingham, a stained glass artist, who is designing a series of windows and transoms for the our “soon-to-be-permitted-we-hope” house in St. Pete. I can’t tell you how excited I am about the designs…when I get the photos of the sketches I’ll post a few. They are filled with images native or common to Florida…bird of paradise, sea grapes, gardenias, orange blossoms, egrets, herons, osprey, and turtles (you know we have to turtles for Jerry) even a roseate spoonbill. Those of you who know my love of birding can just imagine how “happy as a clam at high tide” I am. Just think how much happier I’ll be if we actually get permits and build the addition where we plan to install the stained glass!

No comments: